Browse Ask a Question
Rss Categories

Building Maintenance and Renovations

21 What to do if my building is damaged but I do not know who did it?

There is a good chance facilities will pay for it, but regardless you need to turn the case into Risk Management in order for that to be determined.

22 When do I need an architect or engineer?

A licensed professional must be involved in projects that require plans and specifications or that present complicated issues, such as structural review or aesthetic appearance.

23 When must projects go out for public bid?

Projects need to go to public bid when the cost exceeds $100,000, per University policy. Projects may not be split up to avoid the bid process.

24 Why can't I just do it myself?

Campus policy prohibits non-authorized individuals from performing maintenance work on campus facilities, which are the property of the Regents of the University of California. Furthermore, the idiosyncrasies of many campus buildings mean that things you…

Info Ask a Question